Everyone else was doing it, so I caved into the pressure and wrote my 25 Random Things note on Facebook today. I figured why not post it on here too? Blogs have memes, after all, so it's related. Sorry if we're friends on FB and you read the blog too. Whatevs, I'm a cool cat so you should read it twice anyway. Also, if you're reading this and want to join in on the fun, consider yourself tagged. =)
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I don't think I even have 25 people to tag to this note...
2. I am 100% addicted to Twitter. I'm not ashamed. In fact, I'm ashamed that you AREN'T addicted to Twitter.
3. I have a tendency of oversharing on Twitter, but I don't care much anymore =)
4. My biggest pet peeve is incorrect grammar and spelling. WTF is so hard about keeping they're, their, and there straight?? Also, we are in America so please keep punctuation inside the quotation marks. I could write a thesis on how pissed off this makes me, but I won't b/c I already feel my blood pressure and heart rate rising...
5. I absolutely hate myself when I find typos in anything I write.
6. I think my pet peeve comes from being made fun of for not knowing English in elementary school. I hated kindergarten for this reason.
7. Just as an example -- I was not allowed to go to the bathroom in K until I could properly ask in English. Sounds easy enough, but it adds loads of pressure to a 5-year-old [not 5 year old, see?] who has no idea what the f'k you're saying and just wants to go to the bathroom!!!
8. I love making fun of the people I love. It's my way of showing them how much I love them. Sometimes I guess I'm a little mean =( SORRY!
9. I love cooking! I find recipes and try to make them with all the patience, love and attention I can give them. I think this is why I don't cook more -- patience, love and attention are rather time-consuming.
10. Back to English... I love words. Reading, writing, love it!! I also have no time to do much of that... OOH! And I love numbers! I love math and calculus and all that junk. (I guess that was two random things, whatevs.)
11. I have a habit of forming emotional attachments to bloggers I love. I realize that I've never even met them, yet BFP, Habladora and Cara have become household names to me. I talk about them as if I've known them forever and speak to them regularly. My guy can attest to this. =)
12. I love blogging on my blog. Even though it's often really stressful, I feel I can write whatever I want on there and nobody cares.
13. I love Skype b/c they have AWESOME emoticons! I like to incorporate the dancing, punching, and thumbs up emoticons into any conversation I have. Anybody know what I'm talking about??
14. I have an incredible amount of patience. This is often a strength, but sometimes a weakness.
15. I have zero freaking patience, however, for really stupid and/or close-minded and/or technologically inept people. There is only so much I can do for you if you fall in one of these categories.
16. I hate talking on the phone. It's too much pressure and I find that I have to fill in the silent spaces with words. This is why I prefer chat, email, text, Twitter, talking in person, etc.
17. I have a very complicated relationship with my parents. I think everyone has a complicated relationship, but mine is hella freakin' complicated...
18. I don't particularly enjoy Facebook. Actually... I don't really like Facebook at all. Oops. =/
19. I hate saying goodbye. I almost never say goodbye and I think people think I'm rude. I just don't like doing it. I've only recently realized this, and am not sure what to do about it.
20. It is rather bizarre that I hate saying goodbye b/c I'm also the worst person ever at keeping in touch with people. If people didn't contact me, I don't think I'd have any friends. Seriously... I'm not even exaggerating!
21. I have a VERY hard time saying no to people. I end up spreading myself too thin and stressing myself out and not saving any time for myself. I've always been this way (perhaps first-born syndrome?), and have no idea how to curb this tendency.
22. I've always wanted to be a back-up singer. I find that harmony is much more vocally challenging and sounds a lot more interesting.
23. If I could spend the rest of my days doing one thing, it'd be listening to music. If I could choose two, I'd add reading. The third, duh, writing.
24. People often say that musicals are unrealistic b/c nobody breaks out into song in real life. My sisters and I are living proof that they're dead wrong!! Sometimes we even break out into accompanying dance.
25. There is almost always music playing in my head. If I suddenly start smiling, dancing, moving my lips, tapping my feet, or some other random thing, it's probably me singing in my head.
- At Mon Feb 02, 04:54:00 PM Fab Fierce Femme said...
Hey mujer. Ok sorry about #4 because sometimes I'm in such a rush to get out what I am feeling that I forget punctuation/spelling/grammar. Just call it the ADD in me!
I loved this...see you on Twitter hehe
- At Mon Feb 02, 05:01:00 PM frau sally benz said...
I'll forgive you, but only cuz you're so awesome and you keep me company on Twitter. =)
- At Tue Feb 03, 04:28:00 PM Feminist in the City said...
1). I absolutely love your blog!
2). I feel you on the grammar and punctuation pet peeve, especially when it comes to quotations on the outside of punctuation (I die!).
3). I’ve always wanted to be a one hit wonder but would totally love a crack at being a back up singer too!
4).There should be more people in this world that break out into song! My sisters and I do it all the time too! I’ve also been known to sing at the gym while I’m working out and not realize it (or at least pretend not to realize it!) haha!
5). It would be in appropriate to clog up your comments section with 25 things about me so I’ll stop there!